The Way of Divine Love by Sister Josepha Menendez
- ISBN 9781493517343
- ASIN 1493517341
- CreateSpace Independent Publishing (2013)
On 13th November, shortly before her death, Our Blessed Lord had said to Sister Josefa:
These words have been verified, for as soon as the first small volume appeared it was eagerly seized upon, was reprinted several times, while letters from all parts of the world gave testimony to the profound impression created and to the signal graces that followed on the delivery of the Message.
Within a few months the book had been translated from the original Spanish into French, then into Portuguese, Italian, English, Chinese, and Hungarian-thus fulfilling Our Lord's wish that His call to the way of love should be heard as widely as possible.
The Message, providentially timed to appear before the general conflagration of nations in the World War of 1939-1945, did not suffer any interruption by it. In spite of many difficulties, it passed from hand to hand and continued to be widely read. At the same time, pressing requests for a more detailed biography which would make the bearer of Our Lord's communications better known, were continually being received and have resulted in the present publication.
The Message of Our Blessed Lord, framed as it were, in the life history of Sister Josefa Menendez, consists mainly in excerpts from her notes. These notes, written under obedience, and carefully preserved, are connected by a running commentary, the testimony of those who day by day assisted at the unfolding of a life which so amazingly carried out the designs of the Heart of Jesus.
In 1926, after careful examination of the writings of Sister Josefa, a Consultor of the Sacred Congregation of Rites concluded his report with these words:
ÍndiceWe could not find the exact table of contents for this edition. This is the index for a free edition in PDF. They may not be exact but they can give an idea of the book.
- BOOK ONE THE MESSENGER OF THE HEART OF JESUS
- I THE HEAVENLY CHOICE
- A Soul's Awakening (1890-1907)
- Waiting (1907-1920)
- II LES FEUILLANTS
- In the Open Heart of Jesus (4th February-16th July 1920)
- Vocation of Reparation (17th July-25th August 1920)
- Josefa under Trial (26th August-8th October 1920)
- III TAUGHT BY THE HEART OF JESUS
- First Steps (9th-28th October 1920)
- Daily Precepts and Forgiveness (22nd October-18th December 1920)
- Invitation to Souls (19th December 1920-26th January 1921)
- Hidden Life in Fervour (27th January-21st February 1921)
- Love's Designs (22nd February-26th March 1921)
- Opposition from the Devil (27th March-31st May 1921)
- IV LOVE'S VENTURES
- Concerning the Souls of Three Priests and a Sinner and Two Chosen Souls (1st June-July 1921)
- A Religious Community (August 1921)
- V SEARCHING TRIALS
- Fresh Trials (26th August-October 1921)
- Open Persecution (November 1921-February 1922)
- A Break after Trial—The Forty Hours (14th February-3rd March 1922)
- The Bottomless Pit opens to Josefa (4th March-15th April 1922)
- A Short Truce (16th April-8th July 1922)
- VI THE TRIUMPH OF LOVE
- Retreat for First Vows (8th-16th July 1922)
- The Offering (16th July-7th August 1922)
- I THE HEAVENLY CHOICE